TVR Car Club of Deutschland
REGISTER NOW With TVR Car Club Membership DEUTSCHLAND for Discounts on all TVR Models, Spares & Parts
TVR was founded in 1947 by Trevor Wilkinson (who gave his name to the make – TreVoR) in Blackpool as Trevcar Motors. He built his first car in 1949 using a multi-tubular chassis, Morris 8 mechanicals and a Ford 100E engine to which he added his own design metal bodyshell.
Soon Trevor realised that the bodyshell would be much more cost-effective if it were made in GRP and in 1953 started fitting RGS Atlanta bodies to his chassis before the first real production TVR with an in-house produced GRP body, the Grantura, appeared in 1958.